Code of Conduct
The PR Review Club is designed to be a safe, respectful, and productive environment for everyone. We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for all participants regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, national origin, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct is a guide for the behavior we support and don’t support at our club meetings.
Examples of behavior that contribute to a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Public promotional activities
- Questioning or challenging someone’s stated self-identity or chosen labels
- Making general statements about groups you do not belong to
- Incitement of violence towards any individual
- Unauthorized publication of private information or communication
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, relationships, drugs, and employment
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour
Harrassment can take many forms. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Threats of violence
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Unwanted recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Offensive comments or personal questions relating to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, national origin, ethnic origin, nationality, immigration status, language, religion or lack thereof, or other identity marker
If you see a violation
Notify the participant they are in violation of the code of conduct and ask them to stop their behavior. That participant should comply immediately.
If the participant does not correct the issue or if you’re uncomfortable speaking up, contact the administrator. When reporting, please include any relevant details, links, screenshots, context that may be used to better understand and resolve the situation.
As soon as available, an administrator will join, identify themselves, and take further action. These actions could include:
- A warning
- Removal from the club’s channel for the duration of the ongoing meeting
- Being banned from all future club meetings
We reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of The PR Review Club or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Thank you for your help in keeping our club welcoming, respectful, and friendly to all participants.