A monthly review club for Bitcoin Core PRs
What is this? A monthly club for reviewing Bitcoin Core PRs in the #bitcoin-core-pr-reviews IRC channel on libera.chat. Meetings take place on the first Wednesday and Thursday of the month, at 17:00 UTC.
What’s it for? To help newer contributors learn about the Bitcoin Core codebase and review process. The review club is not primarily intended to help open PRs get merged.
Who should take part? Anyone who wants to learn about contributing to Bitcoin Core. All are welcome to come and ask questions!
What’s the benefit for participants? Reviewing and testing PRs is the best way to start contributing to Bitcoin Core, but it’s difficult to know where to start. There are hundreds of open PRs, many require a lot of contextual knowledge, and contributors and reviewers often use unfamiliar terminology. The review club will give you the tools and knowledge you need in order to take part in the Bitcoin Core review process on GitHub.
How do I take part? Just show up on IRC! See Attending your first PR Review Club for more tips on how to participate. To stay up to date on newly announced review clubs, you can follow us on Twitter or via the Atom feed.
We’re always looking for interesting PRs to discuss in the review club and for volunteer hosts to lead the discussion:
- If there’s a PR that you’d like to discuss in a future meeting, feel free to suggest it in the IRC channel.
- If you’d like to host a meeting, look at the information for meeting hosts and contact glozow or stickies-v on IRC.
|01 Nov 2023||»||#28368 Fee Estimator updates from Validation Interface/CScheduler thread (tx fees and policy) hosted by ismaelsadeeq|
See all meetings.
Other Resources for New Contributors
- Read the Contributing to Bitcoin Core Guide. This will help you understand the process and some of the terminology we use in Bitcoin Core.
- Look at the Good First Issues and Up For Grabs list.
- Read the Bitcoin Core Developer Notes and Productivity Tips.
- Brush up on your C++. There are many primers and reference manuals available.
- There are some excellent blog posts on how to start contributing to Bitcoin Core: