A weekly review club for Bitcoin Core PRs
What is this? A weekly club for reviewing Bitcoin Core PRs at 17:00 UTC on Wednesdays in the #bitcoin-core-pr-reviews IRC channel on libera.chat.
What’s it for? To help newer contributors learn about the Bitcoin Core review process. The review club is not primarily intended to help open PRs get merged.
Who should take part? Anyone who wants to learn about contributing to Bitcoin Core. All are welcome to come and ask questions!
What’s the benefit for participants? Reviewing and testing PRs is the best way to start contributing to Bitcoin Core, but it’s difficult to know where to start. There are hundreds of open PRs, many require a lot of contextual knowledge, and contributors and reviewers often use unfamiliar terminology. The review club will give you the tools and knowledge you need in order to take part in the Bitcoin Core review process on GitHub.
How do I take part? Just show up on IRC! See Attending your first PR Review Club for more tips on how to participate.
Who runs this? Upcoming meetings are scheduled by Bitcoin Core contributor glozow. The meetings are hosted by a variety of Bitcoin Core contributors. See some of our previous hosts.
|29 Mar 2023||»||#26403 Ephemeral Anchors (tx fees and policy, mempool) hosted by instagibbbs|
|05 Apr 2023||»||#27255 MiniTapscript: port Miniscript to Tapscript (descriptors) hosted by josibake|
We’re always looking for interesting PRs to discuss in the review club and for volunteer hosts to lead the discussion:
- If there’s a PR that you’d like to discuss in a future meeting, feel free to suggest it in the IRC channel.
- If you’d like to host a meeting, look at the information for meeting hosts and contact glozow on IRC.
|22 Mar 2023||»||#27050 Don't download witnesses for assumed-valid blocks when running in prune mode (p2p, validation) hosted by dergoegge|
|15 Mar 2023||»||#27006 Reduce cs_main scope, guard block index 'nFile' under a local mutex (refactoring, resource usage) hosted by stickies-v|
|08 Mar 2023||»||#25325 Add pool based memory resource (utxo db and indexes) hosted by larryruane|
|01 Mar 2023||»||#25038 nVersion=3 and Package RBF (tx fees and policy) hosted by glozow|
See all meetings.
Other Resources for New Contributors
- Read the Contributing to Bitcoin Core Guide. This will help you understand the process and some of the terminology we use in Bitcoin Core.
- Look at the Good First Issues and Up For Grabs list.
- Read the Bitcoin Core Developer Notes and Productivity Tips.
- Brush up on your C++. There are many primers and reference manuals available.
- There are some excellent blog posts on how to start contributing to Bitcoin Core: